These vegan paleo pancakes are very easy to make and the perfect gluten and grain-free breakfast option that everyone will enjoy!
- 1 ¾ cup / 180g almond flour
- ¾ cup / 85g tapioca flour
- 1 tablespoon flaxseed meal
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- Pinch of salt
- ½ cup / 125ml unsweetened plant milk (I like coconut, almond and soy)*
- ½ cup / 125ml mineral water
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup (optional)
- Coconut oil, for frying
- To a large bowl, add almond flour, tapioca flour, flaxseed meal, baking powder and salt. Mix to combine.
- Pour in the plant milk, mineral water and maple syrup and stir until you have no lumps. I like to use a whisk as it helps to aerate the batter a little.
- Let it sit for 30 minutes or overnight. Important step!
- When you’re ready to make the pancakes, place a frying pan/skillet on medium heat and add a small amount of coconut oil just enough to cover the bottom of the pan. Place your hand over the skillet to check if it has warmed up and then scoop out about a ⅓ cup of batter on the skillet.
- Flip the pancake once the bubbles have all popped on the top and the sides have lifted a little (see image above for reference). This should be around 90 seconds.
- Cook on the other side for around 30-45 seconds or until slightly golden.
- Repeat the process with the rest of the batter.
- Serve pancakes with your choice of topping. I served mine with fresh berries and a drizzle of maple syrup.
Plant milk: If making this strictly paleo, don’t use soy milk.
Please see tips included earlier in the post to get the best results.
- Diet: Vegan