This vegan peanut butter chocolate pie is rich & velvety. The perfect treat for a special occasion or to enjoy when you want a sweet fix.
- 2 cups almond meal
- 2 tablespoons cacao powder
- 1 flax egg
- ½ cup vegan butter (room temperature)
- 2 tablespoons coconut sugar
- Pinch of salt
- ½ cup peanut butter (plain and unsweetened)
- 10 medjool dates, pitted
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ cup almond milk
- Pinch of salt
- ¾ cup vegan dark chocolate chips
- ⅓ cup almond milk
- For the base: Preheat oven to 180 degrees Celcius (355 degrees Fahrenheit).
- Place all crust ingredients into a food processor and pulse until it forms a dough.
- Place unbleached parchment paper on the bottom and coming up the sides of your 8-inch pie dish.
- Push down the base evenly making sure to get it into the dips of the sides of the dish.
- Bake for 20 minutes and then remove from oven and let cool for 5 minutes before placing in the freezer carefully to completely cool for around 30 minutes.
- For the filling: In the meantime, place all filling ingredients in the food processor and blend well until you reach a nice thick and fairly smooth consistency. I don’t mind the peanut butter chunks (if using crunchy). Set aside.
- For the topping: Over a double boiler, melt the chocolate and milk, stirring occasionally to make sure it combines well and melts evenly. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Once the base has completely cooled, remove from freezer and scoop the filling mixture onto the base. Smooth over nice and even as it’s a little thicker.
- Pour over the chocolate and tap a few times to remove any air bubbles.
- Place in fridge to set for around 1-1.5 hours.
- Remove from dish and peel the baking paper off carefully.
- Cut into slices and serve.
- Diet: Vegan