A super simple, earthy, and filling 6-ingredient salad that is great on its own or as a side salad.
- 2 medium beetroots
- 4 medium waxy potatoes
- ½ small red onion, cut into thin half-moons
- 1 can / 400g chickpeas, drained and rinsed well*
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Place the whole, unpeeled beetroots and potatoes in a small saucepan and fill with cold water enough to cover the vegetables. Cook on medium heat for around 25-30 minutes until a skewer goes through nicely but isn’t too soft. When they’ve finished cooking, place them under a cold running tap to stop the cooking process. Let it cool for around 3-5 minutes.
- Peel the beetroots and potatoes and cut them into thick slices.
- In a bowl, add the beetroot, potatoes, red onion, chickpeas, vinegar, oil, and seasoning. Toss well and serve.
This is 14.10 ounces.
- Diet: Vegan