Enjoy this super quick and easy vegan brown rice salad with greens in only 20 minutes. There are lots of different variations to this dish, so feel free to experiment!
- 2 tablespoons toasted black sesame oil (or any other frying oil)
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 bunch broccolini, chopped
- Handful snow peas, trimmed and chopped
- Handful snap peas, trimmed and chopped
- 4 mushrooms, thinly chopped (ideally Swiss brown)
- Handful baby kale, stemmed and chopped (small, soft leaves or 3 bigger leaves)
- ½ cup chickpeas, drained and rinsed (from a can)
- ¼ cup tamari (or soy sauce)
- 1 tablespoon pepitas (aka pumpkin seeds)
- 1 tablespoon sunflower seeds
- 1 teaspoon toasted sesame seeds
- ½ teaspoon nigella seeds (optional)
- 3 cups cooked medium grain brown rice
- In a frying pan on medium heat, warm up the sesame oil then add the garlic and saute for a minute or two.
- Add in the broccolini and both types of peas. Saute for around 5 minutes.
- Add in mushrooms and toss, covering with a lid for a few minutes to soften everything.
- Add in the kale, chickpeas, and tamari. Cover again until the kale has nicely incorporated and the mushrooms are soft.
- Add in all the seeds and rice and toss well.
- Enjoy warm or use as meal prep for a few days.
- Diet: Vegan