Enjoy this super creamy chocolate and hazelnut vegan ice cream. No churn required and using only 5 natural ingredients!
- ¾ cup / 95g hazelnuts (plus more for topping, optional)
- ½ cup / 65g raw cashews
- 1 can / 400ml / 13.52 ounces coconut milk
- 1 ½ tablespoons cacao powder (or more if you want it richer)
- ¼ cup / 80ml maple syrup
- Blend all ingredients in a high-speed blender and transfer to a baking dish – preferably lined as it is sometimes hard to get it back out again.
- Place it in the freezer for 3 hours or until it has become firm.
- Snap the frozen mixture into chunks and place back in the blender. Make sure that you break them into smaller pieces so that it’s easier for your blender to catch onto them.
- Blend until a creamy consistency is reached. Using your tamper to push down the ingredients a few times.
- Place back in a container and into the freezer to firm up for about 30 minutes. Top with more hazelnuts if you like the crunch and serve!
- If you leave it in for longer, it will firm up more so it may be a little bit harder to scoop out.
- Diet: Vegan