This 3-ingredient recipe for chocolate puffed rice slices is so easy, it will become a family favourite in no time. Rich and smooth with a bit of crunch!
- 1½ cups dark chocolate buttons (or any other vegan chocolate you like)
- ¼ cup / 60ml almond milk (or any non-dairy milk)
- 1 cup puffed brown rice
- Over a double boiler on low to medium heat (or a pot with a stainless steel or glass bowl sitting on top), add the chocolate and milk.
- Stir and combine as it’s melting over the heat. This should take about 5-7 mins. Make sure to turn the stove off when it’s all pretty much melted to avoid burning the chocolate at the base.
- Once completely combined and melted, take off the heat and add in the puffed brown rice. Fold in.
- In a lined baking dish (ideally one for loaves), pour in the mixture and level so that the surface is as even as you can get it.
- Set in fridge for 1-2 hrs. Touch the top and it should be firm.
- Slice with a warm wet knife to the desired size. I did mine at the width of the dish and 1-inch wide.
You can keep this in an airtight container for a week or pop in the freezer for a couple of months.
- Diet: Vegan