This Cinnamon & Vanilla Chai Tea is not only tasty, but it’s also packed with nutrients and has a variety of health benefits.
- 10 cardamom pods
- 10 cloves
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 2-inch piece ginger, sliced thinly
- ½ a vanilla pod, cut in half and seeds scraped out – use it all
- 1 star anise, broken into pieces
- 4 black peppercorns
- 2 teaspoons coconut sugar
- 5 cups / 1.25 litres water, boiled
- Place all ingredients into a small saucepan and bring the water back to a boil.
- Stir around until the sugar dissolves and lower heat and simmer for 5 minutes.
- You can add some milk here if you want it creamy, but I like it just like this.
I sometimes also reuse the mix for another round of tea as it keeps the flavours for another steep. Just add a little more coconut sugar if necessary.
- Diet: Vegan