Here’s a simple step-by-step tutorial on how to make coconut whipped cream that’s thick, sweet and the perfect dessert enhancer.
- 1½ cups / 360g coconut cream*
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Scoop coconut cream from the can into a bowl.
- Add in the maple syrup and vanilla extract, and using an electric whisk, whisk for 1-2 minutes until well incorporated and fluffy.
- Set aside in the fridge for 2-3 hours until it stiffens and becomes thick and creamy.
- Use as desired on cakes, fruit, chocolate mousse, etc.
- The cream can be stored up to 3-4 days in an airtight container in the fridge.
Coconut cream: The brands of coconut cream that never fail us have guar gum in it as a thickener. This helps for the cream to be thick and smooth. The cream is a 400ml / 13.52 ounce can.
If using a can of coconut milk, be sure that you refrigerate overnight, at least 18-24 hours for your coconut milk to firm up and separate for whipping.
- Diet: Vegan