This high-protein salad is full of flavour and plant-based protein. Easy and quick to make, it’s great for lunch.
- 2 cups (half of a medium) sweet potato, cut into cubes
- Neutral oil, for frying (I like grapeseed or rice bran)
- 2 cups / 250g firm tofu, cut into cubes
- ¾ cup / 150g tri-coloured quinoa, washed (or white is fine)
- 1 cup / 150g green peas (fresh or frozen)
- 2 large handfuls of leafy greens (I used half baby spinach and half rocket/arugula)
- 2 radishes, finely sliced (optional)
- 2 tablespoons tamari (or soy sauce if not GF)
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon sweet paprika
- Half of this recipe (I used crunchy PB)
- Preheat the oven to 220 degrees Celcius (428 degrees Fahrenheit) and add the sweet potatoes to a baking dish. Add about a tablespoon of the neutral frying oil and season with salt. Put in the oven to bake for around 30-35 minutes.
- Place the tofu in a bowl and add the marinade ingredients, tossing well. Set aside.
- In a small saucepan, add the washed quinoa with 1½ cups / 375ml of water. Bring to a boil and reduce to a simmer. It should take around 20 minutes to cook. Let all the water evaporate.*
- Bring a small pot of water to a boil and add in the green peas. Turn the water off and let them blanch for a couple of minutes before draining.
- Add the peas and the leafy greens to a large bowl.
- Make the peanut sauce and set it aside.
- On medium heat in a frying pan, add enough oil to cover the bottom of the pan. Let it warm up and add in the marinated tofu. Fry for around 5 minutes, flipping the tofu chunks every minute or so. Add to the bowl.
- Once the quinoa and sweet potato are done, add them to the bowl as well. Toss well.
- Add the radish (if using) and drizzle with the peanut sauce.
- Serve warm or cold.
Quinoa: This is how I cook quinoa, alternatively follow the instructions on the packet or how you like to cook it.
- Diet: Vegan