This punchy and creamy coconut, lime and lychee mocktail is perfect for those that want to indulge in a fancy drink without alcohol. It’s a beautiful way to kick start a dinner party and is ready in no time!
- 300g / 10.58 ounces lychee, skinned and deseeded (fresh or frozen*, about 16 lychees)
- 2 cups / 460ml light coconut milk
- ½ cup / 120ml lime juice (freshly squeezed is best)
- ¾ cup / 250g rice malt syrup (aka brown rice syrup)
- 2 cups / 500ml water
- Add all the ingredients to a blender and blend until smooth.
- To make the coconut lime rim: grate some lime zest into a small flat plate with desiccated coconut. Give it a quick stir to distribute the lime zest. Run a lime wedge along the edge of the glass to create a wet surface so the coconut and lime can stick to it. Dip the glass upside down on the plate and rotate a couple of times.
- Make the crushed ice: Add ice to a high-speed blender, a touch of water and pulse a couple of times.
- To serve: Rim each glass with lime coconut, add crushed ice (or ice cubes), and fill with the mocktail.
Yield: It will vary depending on how much ice you use and the size of your glasses.
Frozen lychee: If using frozen lychee, thaw them out first in the fridge overnight. If you’d like a thicker, more slushie-like consistency, you can use them frozen and skip on the ice when serving. You’ll need a high-speed blender for this option.
Want to prepare ahead of time? You can prepare the drink and refrigerate it up to 3 days ahead. The flavours will deepen over time. Make sure you give it a shake before serving.
Want to make this an adult drink? You can add a shot (or two) of white rum or vodka.
- Diet: Vegan