This banana and peanut butter smoothie bowl is creamy, nutritious, and ready in no time! It makes for the perfect breakfast or snack in the warmer months.
- 3 cups / 360g frozen bananas
- 1½ tablespoons chia seeds
- ⅓ cup / 90g natural peanut butter
- 1½ tablespoons maple syrup*
- ¼ teaspoon salt (if using salted PB, then leave out)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 tablespoons nut milk
- Fresh raspberries
- Coconut chips
- Cacao nibs
- Dried calendula petals
- Add all the smoothie ingredients to a food processor (or a bullet or high-speed blender), and blend until you reach a smooth, creamy and soft-serve consistency. If using a blender, a tamper is helpful to ensure all the mix is smooth. Try, however, not to over blend as the mixture will thin out with the appliance’s heat.
- With a spatula, divide the smoothie into two bowls and add your toppings (I have listed some more ideas earlier in the post).
- It’s best enjoyed within an hour of making it. Keep it in the fridge if you don’t eat it straight away.
Maple syrup: This can be substituted with rice bran syrup, two soaked Medjool dates, or left out altogether if you prefer a lower sugar breakfast.
If you don’t have a high-speed blender, you may need to add 1-2 tablespoons more plant milk. Just keep in mind that the consistency may not be as thick. There’s no need to add extra liquid if you’re using a food processor.
- Diet: Vegan