Quick and easy savoury cashew cream that is super versatile! It has the perfect balance of tangy, savoury and umami flavours.
- 1 cup / 140g raw cashews, soaked*
- 1½ tablespoon lemon juice
- ½ teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon nutritional yeast
- ½ teaspoon salt
- Add all the ingredients to a high-speed blender along with ⅓ – ½ cup / 80 – 115ml of cold water (depending on how thick you want it) and blend for around 90 seconds to 2 minutes or until you reach a silky smooth consistency. Make sure you’re scraping down sides if needed.
- Taste the cream and see if it needs any adjustments. You might want more salt or acidity, however, we like it the way it is. You can also add a teaspoon of Dijon mustard or chives, depending on what you’re serving the cream with.
- Refrigerate to get a firmer consistency and keep for up to 3 days.
Soaking cashews: If you don’t have a high-speed blender you will need to soak the cashews first. Cover them in boiling water and let them soak for 15-20 minutes. When they finish soaking, drain them and now they are ready for use. If you have a high-speed blender, you can skip this step.
- Diet: Vegan