Nutty, crunchy and super easy to make gluten and sugar-free vegan granola. Great for breakfast or as a healthy snack.
- 1 cup / 160g hazelnuts
- 1 cup / 160g slivered almonds
- ½ cup puffed millet
- 1 cup coconut flakes
- 3 tablespoons cacao powder
- 2 tablespoons chia seeds
- 2 tablespoons flax seeds (I like to have mine roughly ground)
- 2 tablespoons – ¼ cup birch xylitol*
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon powder
- 2-inch piece vanilla pod, halved and seeds scraped out
- ¼ cup / 55g coconut oil, melted (measured while solid)
- Pinch of salt
- Preheat the oven to 160 degrees Celcius (325 degrees Fahrenheit).
- In a large bowl, combine all ingredients and mix well.
- Transfer the mix onto a baking tray and spread out thinly and evenly. You may need two trays depending on the size of your trays/oven.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes until golden brown, giving it a stir and spreading evenly again in the middle of the baking time (8-10 minutes in).
- Remove from oven and let it cool completely before transferring to a well-sealed jar.
- Serving suggestions are mentioned above.
Birch xylitol: You can use as little or as much xylitol as you like here. ¼ cup will make it quite sweet and 2 tablespoons will be a nice balance.
- Diet: Vegan