Enjoy this healthy, and incredibly flavourful kelp noodle salad recipe, whether it’s at home or on the go at work.
- 1 packet / 450g / 15.87 ounces kelp noodles
- 2 small carrots, julienned
- 2 small cucumbers, julienned
- Small bunch of coriander/cilantro, chopped (one big handful)
- 3 scallions/spring onions, chopped (optional)
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame seeds
- ½ cup / 70g cashews (preferably lightly toasted)
- A handful of mint leaves
- 1 tablespoon ginger, minced
- 1 fresh chilli, minced (leave the seeds in if you like it hot)
- ¾ cup / 115g peanuts, crushed
- 3 tablespoons tamari sauce
- 1 heaped tablespoon tahini
- ¼ cup / 50ml toasted sesame oil
- 1½ tablespoons lime juice
- Salt, to taste
- Wash the noodles under warm water and let them sit over the sink, and drip all the excess water out.
- Using a large bowl, add in the carrots, cucumber, cilantro, scallions, sesame seeds, cashews, and mint.
- In a jar, combine all dressing ingredients and give it a good shake.
- Add the drained kelp noodles and the dressing to the bowl. Toss through well. Take your time to mix well to give the noodles time to soak up the flavours from the dressing.
- I like to dress it with a few more nuts and seeds on the top before serving.
- Diet: Vegan