This rich and flavourful satay tempeh marinade is super easy to make for a great addition to any meal.
- ⅓ cup plain peanut butter (smooth or crunchy)
- ¼ cup tamari (or soy sauce)
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger, finely grated (or ½ teaspoon ground ginger)
- 2 tablespoons toasted sesame oil (untoasted is fine as well)
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper (or more if you like spicy food)
- Juice of half a lime (or lemon)
- 1 teaspoon coconut sugar (or 1 tbsp maple syrup)
- ⅓ cup of stock, or water
- 300g plain tempeh block, cut into cubes
- In a bowl, combine all ingredients except the tempeh and whisk together.
- In a flat glass container, add in the tempeh and pour over the marinade. Make sure that it’s all covered equally.
- Set it aside in the fridge for at least one hour, tossing the tempeh half way through to make sure it’s all evenly distributed. You can also marinade overnight.
- In a medium hot wok or skillet, add the tempeh mix and cook for around 8 minutes tossing occasionally.
- Serve however you like! Suggestions above.
- Diet: Vegan