- 600g / 1.32 pounds tomatoes of choice (ripe but firm)
- 200g / 7 ounces vegan bocconcini, not marinated (or mozzarella)
- 12–15 basil leaves (I like the smaller leaves that don’t need to be cut)
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 2–3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- Freshly cracked pepper, to taste
- Cut the tomatoes and bocconcini into bite-sized pieces and add to a bowl.
- Add the basil leaves, dried oregano, olive oil, salt and pepper and toss to coat well but gently.
- Serve alongside a dish or enjoy on its own. Best served fresh but can be refrigerated for up to 2 days.
Yield: Serves two as a main and four as a side.
- Diet: Vegan