This velvety homemade vegan eggnog recipe can be served hot or cold for the festive season.
- 2/3 cup raw cashews (soaked in boiled water for 10 minutes, discard the water before adding to the blender)
- ½ cup full-fat coconut milk
- ½ cup / 125ml oat milk (if GF use any other plant milk)
- ¼ cup / 80ml maple syrup (or 4 Medjool dates, pitted)
- ½ teaspoon nutmeg, freshly grated
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- Pinch of turmeric (optional, used only for colour)
- Pinch of salt
- 1 teaspoon – 1 tablespoon rum extract, depending on how strong you’d like it (optional)
- Put all ingredients plus 1 cup / 250ml water in the blender and blend on high until you reach a smooth and creamy consistency.
- Pour into a bottle with an airtight lid and chill in the fridge for at least an hour.
- When you are ready to serve, give the bottle a good shake. Pour into glasses and freshly grate some nutmeg on top before serving.
- If you would like to serve the eggnog warm, add an extra couple of tablespoons of nut milk or water as it will thicken as it heats without the extra liquid. Pour into a saucepan and heat until you reach a gentle simmer. Make sure to stir so that it doesn’t stick to the bottom of the pot. Remove from heat and serve.
- Diet: Vegan