Creamy and warming caffeine-free vegan turmeric latte that’s loaded with healthy ingredients. It’s the perfect drink to curl up with on those cool days and when you’re feeling under the weather.
- 2 cups / 500ml oat milk*
- 1½ teaspoons ground turmeric
- ½ teaspoon fresh ginger, minced
- ¼ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon coconut oil*
- 2 cardamom pods, cracked open
- 4 clove buds
- Pinch cracked black pepper
- In a heavy-bottomed pot, add all the ingredients and bring the mixture to a boil on low-medium heat while whisking with a whisk. This helps the ingredients dissolve and make the drink more frothy. This should take about 5-8 minutes. You should see some light foaming on top.
- Strain through a tea strainer into a cup with a dusting of cinnamon.
- If you’d like a milky, frothy top (like pictured), add the minimum amount of plant milk to your milk frother and pour it on the top. (I use a Nespresso milk frother).
Milk: We love oat milk because it’s super creamy and is a great base for a latte. Other milks that work great are soy and cashew.
Coconut oil: If you don’t want the taste of coconut at all in your latte, use refined coconut oil or macadamia oil in its place.
- Diet: Vegan