This gluten-free and easy vegan lentil salad makes the perfect appetiser or side dish to take to any get-together. Full of flavour and colour, it’s a wonderfully healthy dish!
- 2 cans / 400g / 14.10 ounces x2 brown lentils, drained and rinsed*
- ¾ cup pomegranate arils/seeds* (1 small pomegranate)
- 1 cup / 100g walnuts, chopped
- 1 cup / 20g coriander/cilantro, chopped
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- ½ teaspoon salt
- In a large bowl, add all the ingredients and toss well to combine.
Brown lentils: This is 2½ cups cooked lentils. See instructions above if using dried lentils. For the cans, make sure you drain them well so that you don’t have a soggy salad with a diluted dressing.
Pomegranate: To remove the seeds, use your paring knife to remove the flower from the top. Cutting at an angle, remove a cone of pith from below the flower without cutting into the seeds. Score the sides and open it up. You should be able to remove all the seeds with ease.
- Diet: Vegan