This smooth and creamy vegan oat bran porridge is packed with healthy and tasty ingredients to get your day started right.
- 1 small apple, sliced into thin slices (I cut it into wedges, deseed and sliced)
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup (plus more for drizzling)
- ¼ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ¼ vanilla pod, cut lengthways and seeds scraped out
- ¾ cup oat bran
- 1½ cups coconut milk (not from a can)
- 1 tablespoon almond butter
- In a pot on medium heat, add the apples and maple syrup and bring to a gentle boil.
- Put the lid on with the vent part open (or very partly askew if no vent) and reduce heat to a gentle simmer for 5 minutes. This will also trap the water in the pot to help soften the apples.
- Once the apples have softened, add in the cinnamon, vanilla pod and its seeds, oat bran, coconut milk, and almond butter.
- Cook for a further 5 minutes and make sure to stir everything in well. It will be ready when it becomes a rich, creamy, and smooth consistency.
- If the coconut milk is absorbed quickly, you can add another ½ a cup of milk.
- Remove the vanilla pod and serve straight away with a drizzle of maple syrup and some blueberries.
- Diet: Vegan