Enjoy this brown rice with arame seaweed as a flavourful macrobiotic recipe packed with nutrients. Requiring only 6 ingredients, this super simple dish is a great beginner dish.
- 2 cups / 380g medium grain brown rice (soaked for at least 2 hours with a pinch of salt, then drained and washed)
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 30g / 1.06 ounces arame
- 2 large carrots, sliced lengthways
- 5 tablespoons Tamari sauce
- Cook the brown rice as per instructions on the packet.
- Add the oil and onions to a pan on medium heat and sauté until golden brown.
- Soak the arame in water for 3-5 minutes. Do not discard the water. See the above photos for reference.
- Add the carrots to the pan and cook for another 2-3 minutes.
- Add the arame with the water just enough to cover all the ingredients and cook for 20 minutes with a tight-fitting lid.
- Take off the heat and add the cooked rice and stir in the tamari sauce.
- Diet: Vegan