Looking for a delicious and quick 10-minute breakfast? Try these spiced chickpeas on avocado toast.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 can / 425g / 15-ounces chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cumin powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon salt (adjust to taste if chickpeas are salted)
- 2 slices sourdough bread
- 1 large avocado, mashed
- Chilli flakes
- Lemon juice
- Parsley or chives, chopped
- In a frying pan on medium-high heat, add the oil and chickpeas. Wait for the water to evaporate from the drained chickpeas, then
cook until they start to brown a little. Be careful as they may pop.
- Add in the cumin, turmeric, garlic, and salt and cook for 2-3 minutes, tossing constantly to cover the chickpeas evenly.
- Toast the bread, add equal amounts of the smashed avocado to
each slice, top with chickpeas, chilli flakes, a good squeeze of
lemon, and parsley.
- Serve straight away.
- Category: Breakfast
- Diet: Vegan