Super simple using minimal ingredients, this chestnut puree dessert recipe is a great way to create a special and unique dessert.
- 30 chestnuts weighing around 550g / 1.21 pounds (I used the Kunama Delight variety, feel free to use any variety that is good for boiling)
- 2 tablespoons coconut sugar
- ⅓ cup / 80ml water
Half of this recipe
- Cut the chestnuts across the top and place in a saucepan. Fill with cold water enough to cover the chestnuts and place on medium-high heat. Cook for 30-35 minutes. They’re ready when they’re no longer chalky and hard to break apart.
- Peel them as soon as you can, without burning yourself as it’s so much easier to get the skin off while they are still pretty hot.
- Crumble the chestnuts into a food processor with an S blade and add the sugar. Blend until a crumbly consistency is formed. Add the water and blend until you reach a puree consistency. Set aside.
- Make the whipped coconut cream.
- Serve the chestnuts puree in even quantities and add coconut cream on top.
- Serve immediately.
- Diet: Vegan