A popular Indian dish that has been transformed into a delicious vegan meal. It has loads of flavour and is very filling!
- 2 tablespoons rice bran oil (or another cooking oil – coconut oil is great)
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 750g / 1.65 pounds sweet potato, cut into bite-sized cubes (about 2 medium-sized)
- 200g / 7 ounces baby spinach, washed and drained
- 1 can / 400g / 14.10 ounces diced tomatoes
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1-inch piece ginger
- 2 heaped tablespoons garam masala
- 1 can / 400ml / 14.10 ounces coconut milk
- 1 red chilli, deseeded (optional)
- Salt, to taste
- Saute the onions in a medium to large saucepan on oil until they become translucent.
- Add the sweet potato and cook for a further 7-10 minutes until they are slightly soft.
- In a blender add the spinach, tomatoes, garlic, ginger, garam masala, coconut milk, ¼ cup / 60ml of water, and chilli and blend until smooth.
- Add to the saucepan and clean the rest of the sauce out of the blender with 1 cup /250ml of water and add to the saucepan. Cook for around 25-30 minutes, stirring occasionally until the sweet potato has cooked but isn’t falling apart.
- Season to taste and serve with rice, naan, or quinoa.
You can add a small handful of cashews to the blender if you would like it thicker. I prefer this curry a little on the runny side.
- Diet: Vegan