Enjoy this super tasty roasted pumpkin dip as a starter for any occasion.
- 600g / 1.32 pounds pumpkin, cut into small cubes
- 5 cloves garlic, skins left on
- 1 can / 425g chickpeas, drained and washed
- ¼ cup / 60ml olive oil (plus extra for baking)
- 1 teaspoon cumin seeds, lightly toasted
- ½ teaspoon salt (plus extra for baking)
- Turn the oven on 200C (390F, or 180C fan forced) and put the pumpkin and garlic on a lined baking tray. Make sure that the vegetables are spread out so they aren’t touching each other. Drizzle a bit of oil and a pinch of salt and pepper and put in the oven.
- Bake for around 30 minutes or until the pumpkin is baked.
- Take out and leave to cool for around 20-30 minutes.
- Place the pumpkin, garlic (squeezing it out and discarding skins), chickpeas, oil, cumin seeds, and salt in a food processor and blend for around 20 seconds, If you need to stop and scrape down the sides, do so and blend again until you reach an almost smooth consistency. I like it to be a little bit chunky still.
- Add a little bit of oil on top and sprinkle with fresh herbs or more cumin seeds (optional).
- Diet: Vegan