An easy one-bowl apple almond cake recipe that is moist, sweet and light. The perfect treat for afternoon tea, a picnic or a potluck!
- 1½ cups / 215g plain flour (all-purpose)
- ¾ cup / 90g almond flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 cup / 235ml plant milk
- 1 cup / 235g raw sugar (organic if in the US)
- ½ cup / 100ml neutral oil (we use rice bran or grapeseed oil)
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 apple (pink lady or gala are best)
- ¼ cup / 20g flaked almonds
- Confectioners sugar (icing sugar), optional
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees Celsius (350 degrees Fahrenheit) and line an 8-inch springform pan with parchment paper and set aside.
- To a large bowl, add the dry ingredients and mix to combine.
- Next, add in the wet ingredients and whisk until just incorporated.
- Transfer the mixture to your pre-lined baking dish and spread out evenly.
- Peel (if you like), core and slice the apple and arrange it in a circle and overlap them over each other slightly.
- Sprinkle with the flaked almonds and put it in the oven to bake for around 1 hour and 15 minutes, or until a skewer comes out clean.
- Let the cake cool for at least an hour in the baking dish and then remove and let it cool completely.
- This cake will give you eight slices and can be stored in an airtight container for up to 5 days.
Please use kitchen scales for this recipe for accurate results.
- Diet: Vegan