This vegan apple almond cake is a moist, sweet, and easy to make one-bowl recipe. It’s dense but fluffy and has the beautiful flavours of almonds with the use of almond flour, flakes and essence. If you love the taste of marzipan, you’ll love this cake!
It makes the perfect treat for afternoon tea, a celebration, or a picnic in the park. It keeps really well and can be enjoyed over several days.
So, next time you’re after a quick and foolproof cake to throw together, give this vegan apple and almond cake a go!
Kitchen tools needed to make this cake
You don’t need much to put this cake together. Here are the tools needed to get the job done:
- Large bowl
- Kitchen scales (preferable over cup measurements)
- Tablespoon measurements
- A knife
- 8-inch springform pan
- Parchment paper
Read more: 20 Essential Vegan Kitchen Tools
Variations for this cake using other fruits and berries
I initially made this cake using plums. However, quickly decided to use apples as they’re available throughout the year.
Plums only have a short season and I’d love for you to enjoy this cake all year round. This cake is so versatile, there are many fruits that go well with it.
Here are a few suggestions:
Tips for making this vegan almond cake with apples
- Use kitchen scales to get the best results as cup measurements can vary. When baking precision is paramount.
- Don’t overmix the batter as it will become too dense and lose its lighter texture.
- If you want apple chunks in the cake, you can chop up bite-sized pieces of an extra apple and fold them into the batter before pouring them into the cake tin.
- You can decorate the cake as you like. You can make the apple slices thicker if you want a stronger flavour of the apple. You’ll, however, need an extra apple.
- This cake I believe would freeze well. Let it cool completely first and slice it into portions before freezing. It will keep for up to 3 months in the freezer. I haven’t, however, tested it myself.
- It will keep in an airtight container for up to 5 days.
- Feel free to try out some of the other flavours with different fruits and berries listed above! My other favourites are plums and cherries.
It is, however, great on its own. There’s enough moisture in the cake without the additions.
Let me know if you give it a go with other fruits or berries and how they turned out!
Other apple recipes you’ll love:
- Apple Pie Overnight Oats (Vegan)
- Vegan Tufahije Recipe (Bosnian Walnut Stuffed Poached Apples)
- Easy Vegan Apple Burek (Posna Pita Sa Jabukama)
- Vegan Apple Crumble (Gluten-Free)
- Apple, Blueberry and Vanilla Vegan Oat Bran Porridge