Whether you’re celebrating an anniversary or simply want to make something special for your loved ones, this delicious vegan Persian love cake is definitely worth trying!
It’s not only stunning to look at but tastes amazing too. Moist, perfectly dense and balanced with orange, cardamom, almond in the cake, and rose and pistachio in the glaze. You can’t go wrong with that combination.
Easy vegan cake with the show stopping looks
It looks romantic and decadent, but you’ll be pleasantly surprised by how straightforward it is to make. You’ll need 25 minutes to prepare it, and the rest you can leave to the oven to do.
The glaze takes 30 seconds to make, and topping it is the fun part!
So, if you want to have another delicious cake recipe under your belt to impress others, this should be bookmarked or pinned for later use.
Why is it called a Persian love cake?
The cake’s origin goes way back to when a Persian woman fell in love with a Prince and wanted to win over his love. She set out on a mission to bake a cake with magical powers that would make him fall in love with her.
With a name like Persian love cake, you would think that the magical spell worked! Unfortunately, nowhere has the definitive conclusion of what happened to this romance.
Disclaimer: I don’t claim that this cake will make anyone fall in love with you, but you can always try 😉
Tips for making this rose cake
- If you can’t find cardamom powder, remove the seeds from the cardamom pod and turn them into a fine powder using your spice or coffee grinder.
- Some rose water is stronger than others so make sure you adjust to your taste. If using rose extract, start with ½ teaspoon for the icing and add the rest of the liquid either by using water or plant milk.
- Please make sure you cool the cake completely before glazing it as otherwise, the glaze will run, and you’ll end up with a bit of a mess.
- It’s important to use almond flour for this cake, not almond meal. There’s a difference. The flour is finely ground which ensures the cake isn’t too dense.
- This cake can be made ahead of time for up to 2-3 days and stored at room temperature in an airtight container or with a cover like foil or cling wrap. If your environment is on the warmer side, store it in the fridge.
- The cake is best consumed within a few days but will store at room temperature or in the fridge for up to 4-5 days.
This cake is:
- Perfect amount of spice (none of the spices overpower the flavour, but work in synergy with one another)
- Ideal for Valentine’s Day, anniversaries, or birthday celebrations!
It’s already winning over hearts
I made this cake a couple of times through the testing process, and it only needed minor tweaking. I’ve shared it with about a dozen people, and they all loved it!
All age groups have tried it, and it has been a massive hit. My husband, Michael, said that it’s the best cake he’s had in a long time. My neighbours said that it’s the best cake that I’ve made to date, and that says a lot since they’ve probably tried 80% of the cakes on this website. So it seems to win over everyone’s hearts!
If you like the sound of the flavour combination, I’m sure you’ll fall in love too!
Other recipes you’ll love:
- Easy Rose and Pistachio Chocolate Truffles
- Rose and Chocolate Raw Slice
- 4-Ingredient Vegan Ginger Chocolate Truffles
- Vegan Tiramisu (Gluten-Free)
- No-Bake Vegan Chocolate Mousse Cake
- Chocolate Orange Cake (Gluten-Free)