This vegan banana cake is moist, decadent and insanely easy to eat. If you’re looking for a simple dairy-free and eggless banana cake recipe, this is the one for you!
- 4 medium / 300g / 10.58 ounces ripe bananas
- ½ cup / 110ml neutral oil (I use rice bran oil)
- ¼ cup / 60ml plant milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1½ cups / 210g plain flour
- 2/3 cup / 100g coconut sugar
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon ground nutmeg (optional)
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon bicarb soda
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 70g / 2.46 ounces vegan chocolate, chopped into chunks
- Chocolate ganache
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees Celsius (355 degrees Fahrenheit) and place the oven rack in the middle. Line an 8-inch cake pan with parchment paper and grease the sides for easy removal from the pan. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, mash the bananas until you have a nice puree.
- Add in the wet ingredients and mix well.
- Place a sieve over the large bowl with the wet ingredient mix, and sift through the dry ingredients.
- Mix well until everything is just incorporated. Don’t overmix.
- Fold in the chocolate.
- Pour batter into the prepared tin and place in the oven to bake for 50 to 70 minutes. Bake until the skewer comes out clean when inserted into the middle of the cake.
- If you’re glazing with the chocolate ganache, make it while the cake is in the oven and put in the fridge to set.
- Once the cake is done, let it cool in the pan for 15 minutes before carefully removing it and letting it completely cool on a wire rack.
- Once the cake is completely cooled, refrigerate for at least an hour.
- When you’re ready to add the chocolate ganache, remove the cake and ganache from the fridge and spread it generously on top and the sides.
- The cake will keep at room temperature in an airtight container for up to 5 days without the frosting or in the fridge for 4 days with the ganache.
Please note: This recipe is for one layer of the banana cake pictured. If you would like the full two-layered cake, double the recipe and bake two evenly distributed batters in two cake pans for the same amount of time. Make sure also to double the ganache recipe.
I strongly encourage you to use scales for this recipe for the best result.
- Diet: Vegan