Perfectly soft vegan banana and raspberry muffins that make a great snack, nut-free addition to a lunch box, or as a breakfast treat!
- 3 medium-sized / 320g / 11.28 ounces very ripe bananas (plus more for topping the muffins)
- ½ cup / 105ml neutral oil (I use rice bran oil)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ cup / 130ml plant milk (I use almond or soy milk)
- 1½ cups / 200g plain flour
- ⅓ cup / 50g coconut sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon bicarb soda
- Pinch of salt
- ½ cup / 50g desiccated coconut
- 1 cup / 110g fresh or frozen raspberries (plus more for topping the muffins)
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees Celcius (355 degrees Fahrenheit) and lightly oil the inside of a large muffin baking tray. Mine holds 6 muffins.
- In a large bowl, mash the bananas and add all the wet ingredients. Mix well.
- Sift in all the dry ingredients (excluding the desiccated coconut and raspberries).
- Mix the dry ingredients well to combine into the wet ingredients.
- Fold in the coconut and the raspberries.
- Spoon the batter evenly and top with sliced banana pieces and a fresh raspberry in each muffin. Make sure to press it in so that it stays in the batter.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes or until the skewer comes out clean.
- Let them cool in the muffin tray for 10 minutes and then transfer them to a rack to cool.
- Dust with confectioners (icing) sugar for added sweetness. (Optional)
- Diet: Vegan