These vegan banana and raspberry muffins are soft, moist, easy to make. Using just 1-bowl, they come out of the oven with a beautiful golden outside and a caramelised banana on top for added sweetness.
They’re the perfect make-ahead banana muffins for when guests come over, to serve at breakfast, or as an afternoon snack. I have a weakness for these and struggle to stop at just one.
This is why I’ll generally freeze some as soon as they’re completely cooled to stop myself from inhaling them all!
These are like a loaf of vegan banana bread but in a muffin!
Free Recipe eBook
Join our newsletter and get our eBook featuring exclusive breakfast recipes to kickstart your mornings.
I’m also surprised that it’s taken me this long to share a muffin recipe with you. I love classic banana muffins, but this one has some twists with the coconut and raspberries. It adds a nice texture and pop of colour to the muffins.
I’ve been making these regularly the last couple of months and testing out a few different variations until I settled on the one that I’m sharing with you today.
Can I turn this into vegan banana bread?
Yes! I’ve made it as a loaf many times.
Just add it to a lined loaf tin and bake for around 1 hour or until a skewer comes out clean.
These vegan banana and raspberry muffins are:
- Easy to make
- Moist on the inside
- Contain no palm oil
- Great breakfast and snack option
These are not overly sweet muffins so they can be enjoyed at any time. They can be paired perfectly with tea or coffee.
Here are a few tips for making these banana and raspberry muffins
- Place the muffin tray on the middle rack of the oven to give good even heat distribution.
- You can swap the raspberries out for any berry of choice, or they can be left out entirely for simpler, coconut banana bread muffins.
- I used unbleached organic white flour. However, you can use whatever all-purpose flour you have at home.
- Make sure to sift in the dry ingredients as you don’t want big dry lumps in your baked bread. Coconut sugar and baking powder, in particular, tend to clump easier, so sifting is quite essential.
- Want to turn these into banana chocolate muffins? Easy, swap out the raspberries for some chocolate chips!
Can I use gluten-free flour in these banana muffins?
I’ve tried these muffins with multiple different flours. One of them is an all-purpose gluten-free flour blend. They’ll turn out great.
If you don’t need them to be gluten-free and have spelt flour on hand, you can use that as well. I’ve made it with spelt before, and they turned out well.
These vegan banana and raspberry muffins will melt in your mouth with every bite and are the perfect snack for a lunch box as there are no nuts.
Want to see more muffin recipes at Heartful Table? Leave a comment with your suggestions for flavours.
Other recipes you’ll love:
- Vegan Pear and Almond Crumble (Gluten-Free)
- Vegan Chocolate and Pear Loaf Cake
- Vegan Apple Crumble (Gluten-Free)
- Apple Pie Overnight Oats (Vegan)
- Easy Vegan Crepes
- Easy Vegan Bread Pudding
If you try this recipe, let me know! We’d love for you to leave a comment and rating below. If you want to go that extra mile, tag us on Instagram, or share your photo of the recipe on Pinterest. Or Pin It for later!Print