Here’s a simple step-by-step tutorial on how to make a silky smooth vegan chocolate ganache to spread on your favourite dessert.
- 150g / 5.29 ounces vegan chocolate (I used 55% cocoa for the added sweetness)
- 1 cup / 230g coconut cream*
- Place the chocolate in a small saucepan on very low heat on the stove (alternatively over a double boiler). Stirring as it melts.
- Once it has all almost melted, remove from heat and let it completely melt, stirring. The heat from the pan will finish the melting without burning the chocolate.
- Add in the coconut cream and whisk until fully combined. I like to use a whisk to make sure that the chocolate and cream are well incorporated.
- Let it cool for around 5-10 minutes. At this point, it will have thickened enough if you want to use it.
- Alternatively, place in the fridge once cooled to firm up even more and become and nice thick ganache.
- Store in the fridge for up to 5 days.
Coconut cream: Coconut cream is the thick part that sits at the top of the can of coconut cream or chilled coconut milk.
Please read the tips above and ways of using this vegan chocolate ganache.
- Diet: Vegan