Classic breakfast recipe that everyone will enjoy. Vegan crepes are super easy to make and will become your go-to recipe for a weekend treat!
- 1 ½ cup / 225g plain flour (Tipo “00” – superfine flour)
- ½ cup / 50g chickpea flour (aka garbanzo or gram flour)
- ⅛ teaspoon bicarb soda
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract (optional)
- 1 tablespoon neutral oil (we used grapeseed)
- 1 ½ cup / 370ml unsweetened plant milk (oat or soy milk are best)
- Coconut oil, for frying (or any oil you like for frying)
- Sift both the flours and bicarb soda into a large bowl, then add the salt, oil, vanilla, and milk. Using an electric whisk, mix the batter until it’s smooth, then add ½ cup / 115ml of cold water and mix again. This loosens the batter, and now it should look a bit runnier.
- Warm up the frying pan on medium heat before adding oil to it. This is so the first pancake is evenly fried as well. When hot, add about 1 teaspoon of oil and swirl it around the pan, so it covers the whole surface. Use one full ladle per crepe, depending on the pan you’re using, adjust after the first one if needed. The pan’s surface should be covered in batter with a thin layer with one movement. That way, the crepes stay thin and even.
- Cook on each side for about 2 minutes, or until lightly golden. The easiest way to flip the crepes is with a spatula once they have slightly separated from the edge of the pan.
- Continue the process until you have used up all the batter.
- Serve with the desired topping -we love it with our whipped coconut cream and chocolate hazelnut spread topped with fresh berries.
- Diet: Vegan