Quick, easy, colourful vegan noodle bowls filled with vibrant vegetables, crispy shredded tofu, buckwheat noodles, and a creamy peanut sauce. Perfect weeknight dinner or packed lunch!
Crispy shredded tofu:
Easy peanut sauce:
Use this recipe (we used crunchy peanut butter for these bowls)
- 1 small carrot
- 1 small cucumber
- 1½ cups red cabbage, thinly shredded
- 1 scallion, finely chopped (aka spring or green onion)
- 1 cup (packed) cilantro, roughly chopped (aka coriander)
- 2 radishes, thinly sliced
- 1 red chilli, sliced
- 2 stems mint leaves, removed and washed
- 200g / 7 ounces buckwheat noodles
- To prepare the tofu: Marinate the tofu and set it aside as per instructions in the linked recipe.
- Make the peanut sauce as per instructions in the linked recipe.
- To prepare the vegetables: Using a peeler, shave the carrot. Gather all the shavings and stack them. Don’t pile it on too high as they can slip. Slice the carrots on a diagonal thinly to create thin matchsticks. This is how I do it; however, you can also julienne them normally.
- To create the effect I have on the cucumber, run a fork down the outside of the skin and then slice it thinly. You will create a flower look.
- Prepare the rest of the vegetables as instructed in the ingredients section.
- Once you’ve done all the vegetables, fry off the tofu.
- While the tofu is frying, cook the noodles as per packet instructions. Mine took 4 minutes; once they’re cooked, run them under cold wanted to stop them from overcooking.
- Plate up for four serves. In each bowl, add equal amounts of all the ingredients (noodles, carrot, cucumber, cabbage, shredded tofu, cilantro, radish and scallion), and then drizzle the peanut sauce over the top. Finish off with sliced red chillies (optional) and mint leaves.
- Enjoy straight away or keep in the fridge for up to three days in an airtight container (keep the peanut sauce off until you’re ready to serve).
- Diet: Vegan