Sweet, glossy and silky smooth eggless passion fruit curd that’s ready in 10 minutes using only four ingredients! Perfect for topping your crepes, layering in a trifle, filling a tart, and so much more!
- ½ cup / 120ml plant milk (I like to use a neutral one like soy or oat)
- ⅓ cup / 67g raw sugar
- 1 tablespoon corn starch* (aka cornflour, not cornmeal)
- ⅓ cup / 84ml passionfruit juice*
- Bring the milk up to a gentle simmer on medium heat in a small heavy-bottomed saucepan.
- In the meantime, combine the sugar, corn starch, and passion fruit juice in a small bowl. Mix well. When combining the ingredients, make sure that you mix the sugar and cornstarch first. This way, it will help keep the mix lump-free when you add in the passion fruit juice.
- Add it to the warm milk, continually stirring for a few minutes until it thickens. It should take about 3-4 minutes.
- Pour it into a heatproof jar or container and let it cool completely before refrigerating. It will thicken as it cools. Now you’re ready to use the curd as you wish – see suggestions earlier in the post.
How to extract passionfruit juice: Before making the curd, we need to separate the liquid from the seeds. The best and easiest way is to pass it through a sieve or nut milk bag. Push it down with the back of a spoon to help extract as much of the juice as possible. Compost the seeds or save a few to add to the curd at the end if you like the crunchy texture of the seeds.
Corn starch: A fine white powder used for thickening. Not cornmeal.
Let the curd cool completely if you plan to use it to fill cakes, cupcakes, tarts etc.
It will last in the fridge for up to one week.
- Diet: Vegan