This vegan passionfruit curd is silky smooth, thick, glossy goodness that you can use in many ways. It only requires 10 minutes to make and four ingredients. When you’re after a spread or topping to take your dessert or breakfast to the next level, you should try this recipe!
Super easy and perfectly sweet, next time you have an abundance of passion fruits, have this recipe bookmarked.
I feel like I’m cheating by making this curd without eggs, butter and dairy milk. It’s so much quicker, and you don’t have to worry about separating eggs, your eggs scrambling in the curd, or adding chunks of butter to it slowly.
This recipe, in comparison, is foolproof!
Tips and tricks for making the perfect passion fruit curd
- If you can’t get fresh passion fruits, you can use frozen pulp or even unsweetened preservative-free passionfruit juice from the store. I, however, haven’t tried it with these other two options.
- Use a heavy-bottomed pot so that the heat is distributed evenly inside as the curd cooks and thickens.
- Don’t be tempted to turn up the heat; you’ll burn it.
- Let the curd cool completely if you plan to use it to fill cakes, cupcakes, tarts etc.
- It will last in the fridge for up to one week.
- When combining the ingredients, make sure that you mix the sugar and cornstarch first. This way, it will help keep the mix lump-free when you add in the passion fruit juice.
How can I use this eggless passion fruit curd?
There are so many different ways that you can enjoy this passionfruit curd. Here are just a few ideas to get your creative juices flowing:
- Top a loaf cake
- Inside cupcakes
- With crepes
- In trifles (as pictured)
- In between cake layers
- In tarts
- Inside meringue nests topped with cream and fruit
- On top of pancakes
- Mixed with whipped coconut cream to make a mousse
- Or just by the spoonful!
I’m lucky enough to have a neighbour with a passion fruit vine, and it dips generously to our side. They’re more than happy for me to help myself. No one needs to tell me twice! They get dishes I make, and I get some of their passion fruits. It’s a fair exchange 😉
So after a harvest (picking them off my driveway floor after they’ve fallen) one day, I was standing in my kitchen staring at this mountain of passion fruits, wondering what would be the fastest and easiest way to use them. Curd was the first thing that came to mind!
Move over lemon and lime curd. This is the new, more delicious kid on the block.
You can, however, use this same method for other citrus curds if you like. Just increase the amount of sugar to balance out the sourness of the lemon or lime juice.
Other recipes you’ll love:
- How to Make Vegan Custard
- Healthy Vegan Cream Cheese Frosting
- How To Make Coconut Whipped Cream
- How To Make Vegan Chocolate Ganache
- Vegan Chocolate Hazelnut Spread