These fluffy, soft and easy to make pancakes will be your new go-to breakfast recipe when you want a weekend breakfast treat midweek!
- 2¼ cup / 535ml unsweetened plant milk*
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar (or lemon juice)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups / 270g unbleached plain flour
- 1 cup / 100g almond flour
- ¼ cup / 40g coconut sugar
- 1½ tablespoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup / 90g morello sour cherries
- ¼ cup / 25g flaked almonds
- Preheat oven to 200 degrees Celcius (390 degrees Fahrenheit) and line a 25.4cm x 38.1cm / 10 inch x 15 inch (or similar) sheet pan with parchment paper.
- In a measuring jug or smaller bowl, combine the milk and apple cider vinegar and mix. This will curdle to make your vegan buttermilk. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, sift in all the dry ingredients and whisk together to combine.
- Add the buttermilk and vanilla extract to the dry ingredients and whisk until combined. Don’t over whisk! You want nice fluffy pancakes.
- Let it sit for 5 minutes.
- Pour into the sheet pan and top with sour cherries and flaked almonds.
- Place in the oven and bake for 20-30 minutes until a skewer comes out clean. Mine took 25 minutes.
- Cut into 8 large pancakes and serve with toppings of choice. We enjoy them with coconut whipped cream and maple syrup.
Plant-milk: Please make sure that you use unsweetened milk as otherwise, the milk might not curdle. Soy, almond, oat and coconut milks seem to work well.
- Diet: Vegan