Easy and delicious stuffed mushrooms that make the perfect starter for any occasion. With only 7-ingredients, these mushrooms still pack a lot of flavour!
- 12 cremini or button mushrooms,* centres removed and gills/ribs scooped out with a teaspoon
- Half of this garlic parsley sauce ingredients
- 3 tablespoons raw cashews
- ⅓ cup / 18g nutritional yeast
- ⅓ cup / 35g vegan panko or normal breadcrumbs*
- Pepper, to taste
- Lemon juice (optional)
- Preheat oven to 200 degrees Celsius (390 degrees Fahrenheit). Place the prepared mushrooms on a sheet pan or flat baking tray. Set aside.
- In a food processor, add in the mushroom centres and gills, garlic parsley sauce ingredients, and cashews and pulse until you get a nice crumb.
- In a small skillet on medium-high heat, add the processed ingredients and saute for a few minutes.
- Remove from the heat and stir in the nutritional yeast, breadcrumbs and pepper.
- Stuff the mushrooms with the mix evenly (around 2 teaspoons worth) and bake for 20 minutes.
- Remove from oven once the topping starts to slightly brown. If you like it a little more crispy on the top, you can turn the grill setting on for 1-2 minutes at the end.
- Squeeze a few drops of fresh lemon juice onto each mushroom (optional) and serve straight away.
Mushrooms: If you want a meatier mushroom with every bite, don’t scoop out the gills.
Breadcrumbs: Make sure you check the ingredients of the breadcrumbs, sometimes they can have milk solids, honey, or tuna oil. Ideally, use homemade.
- Diet: Vegan