Enjoy this creamy vegan white sauce recipe to apply to your casseroles, bakes, pasta dishes and whatever else you can think of!
- 1 cup / 140g raw cashews (can be soaked prior but not essential)*
- ⅓ cup / 18g nutritional yeast
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon cracked pepper
- Place all ingredients plus 1½ cups / 375ml of water in a high-speed blender and blend until smooth.
- Add to your dish for further cooking.
*If you don’t have a high-speed blender, soak the cashews in cold for at least 4 hours or boiled water for 20-30 minutes before adding to the blender. Make sure you drain that water first.
If you’d like something a little thicker that can act in place of sour cream or yoghurt, you can try our savoury cashew cream.
- Diet: Vegan