This recipe for miso glazed eggplants is quick, easy, and ready to serve in just 15 minutes! Perfect as an appetiser or added to a main dish.
- 2 medium-sized eggplants
- 2 tablespoons neutral oil (for frying)
- Use half of this sesame miso dressing recipe
- 1 scallion / green onion / spring onion, thinly sliced
- Heat a skillet or fry pan on medium-high heat.
- While you wait for it to warm up, cut the eggplants in half and cut the flesh in a criss-cross pattern without cutting the outer skin.
- When the pan has warmed up, add the oil and add the eggplants skin side down (flesh facing up), flip after 4-5 minutes and fry on the other side. You may need to flip it a couple of times to get the eggplant to cook evenly. Just be careful as it will get softer.
- In the meantime, make the miso glaze.
- Once cooked, smear the miso glaze over each eggplant generously and top with the scallions. If you have any leftover glaze, serve it on the side to add some more to it when eating.
- Plate it up on a bed of rice, salad and pickles as a main or on its own as an appetiser.
See the tips earlier in the post for suggestions and eggplant information.
This recipe was originally posted in September 2018 and completely updated in March 2022.
- Diet: Vegan