Quick & easy marinated crispy shredded tofu that will enhance any meal using only 5-ingredients. It’s a great versatile recipe to add to your repertoire!
- 300g / 10.58 ounces firm tofu
- 3–4 tablespoons tamari*
- ½ tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon sweet paprika
- 3 tablespoons neutral oil
- Using a peeler, peel strips of tofu into a food container. I peel strips of all different sizes to keep the texture of the tofu interesting.
- Add the tamari, garlic powder, sweet paprika and 1 tablespoon of oil.
- Place the lid on the container and give it a really good shake in all different directions for around 30 seconds until all the tofu is covered in the marinade ingredients.
- Let it sit for at least 5 minutes.
- Place a large frying pan on medium-high heat. Once the pan has warmed up, add the other 2 tablespoons of oil.
- Add the tofu and spread it out evenly. Cook it while occasionally stirring so that the tofu crisps up on the edges. This should take around 8-10 minutes.
- I like mine to have some soft pieces, but you can cook it longer if you want them to be crispier.
- Serve with your favourite dish. I love it in a Buddha bowl, wrap, noodle bowl, or salad.
Tamari: Use less if using soy sauce as it’s saltier.
Please refer to tips and tricks further up in the post.
Want more Middle-Eastern flavours? Try the shredded tofu in this wrap!
- Diet: Vegan