If you love creamy pasta, you’ll LOVE this vegan leek and mushroom pasta recipe with my go-to white sauce that is all ready in 20 minutes!
Before going vegan back in 2014, one of the dishes that was my go-to was a creamy leek and mushroom pasta with a white sauce. Using cheese and cream, I thought that I would never be able to enjoy creamy pasta again. I was very wrong.
This was one of the first meals that I set out to reinvent for myself, and I must say, I like this version even better! It tastes amazing, and you don’t even realise that there’s no dairy in it.
It’s creamy, rich, well-balanced, so easy to make, and ready in no time!
Free Recipe eBook
Join our newsletter and get our eBook featuring exclusive breakfast recipes to kickstart your mornings.
Tips to make this vegan leek and mushroom pasta
- Even though I’ve used leek and mushrooms in this recipe, you can add whatever vegetables you have on hand! I’ve made it before with peas, corn, broccoli, zucchini, and baby spinach. They all work really well. I’ll typically do a mix of 2-3 different vegetables – both fresh and frozen are fine.
- For the white sauce, make sure to use a high-speed blender. If you’re not using a high-powered one, soak the cashews in boiling water for 20-30 minutes before blending. Blend until you get a silky smooth consistency. I’ve made the mistake of thinking that the sauce was done, and I poured it into the saucepan to realise there were still chunks in it.
- Most of you are not used to using the whole leek. Especially the dark green part at the top. I’ve never wasted it. Ever. Just chop off any parts that are old or inedible, and clean it well to make sure you don’t have any trapped dirt. Add the dark parts of the leek to the pan first so it has an extra minute or two to cook before you add the rest in.
- If you want to make this pasta dish gluten-free, just use gluten-free pasta instead.
- Serve the dish straight away as the sauce will thicken with the pasta.
- If you like your white sauce to be a little thinner, just add a bit more water to the sauce at the end.
What goes well with vegan leek and mushroom fettuccine?
There’s a range of things that you can have to accompany this dish. Here are a few suggestions!
- A lush green salad
- Fresh bread (or garlic bread) – I mean, who doesn’t love carbs with more carbs?!
- A glass of wine 😉
- Pickles like gherkins or olives
So, if you’re after a dish that is quick, easy, filling and delicious, this leek and mushroom fettuccine is going to make your weekly dinner rotation in no time!
Other recipes you’ll love:
- 3-Ingredient Cabbage Pasta
- 20-Minute Creamy Vegan Red Pepper Pasta
- Vegan Pesto Pasta Salad with Sun-Dried Tomatoes
- Creamy Vegan Cauliflower Bake (7 Ingredients)
- Smokey Vegan Baked Mac and Cheese
- Eggplant and Mushroom Quinoa Risotto
- Broad Bean Pasta (Pasta e Fave)